At the turn of a new century, in 1999, David Burden had a vision — a guiding idea that fractional ownership could be a high-end experience, a way of creating luxurious spaces for Owners who wanted to live in the world's most breathtaking locations. And so, he created Timbers Resorts. Now, 15 years since David Burden, the founder and CEO of our company, began this journey, he's created a collection comprising 13 properties, and growing, spanning sites from Colorado to Tuscany and beyond. As part of celebrating those 15 years, let's pause to note 15 key achievements — a collection of milestone moments and ongoing commitments that represent important parts of our company … and his vision.
- Growing from a single property, The Timbers Club in Snowmass, Timbers Resorts has expanded to a dynamic portfolio of 13 sought-after locations. View the whole list, here.
- Our staff has grown and evolved into a team of which we are deeply proud. Have a look at our roster, the people that continue to make Timbers Resorts what it is, today.
- Forging partnerships with leaders in the travel world, we have built relationships with what we think of as purveyors in the art of living well. See their profiles, here.
- Timbers Resorts has developed an array of special events and trips for our Owners. From cycling in the Rockies to wine festival receptions in Aspen, New York City, and Miami, the offerings continue to enrich and entertain.
- Focusing on family, we've built the Tykes' programs and Tykes' rooms, ensuring that our youngest set is always encouraged to view Timbers Resorts as a special place to call home.
- Maintaining that personal growth is part of the Timbers Resorts experience, programming at our properties includes offerings such as language lessons in Italy and golf clinics in Sonoma.
- Timbers Resorts has earned recognition within travel and other industries. Accolades include the Condé Naste Traveler 2013 Readers' Choice Award. For a full list of our awards, see our Accolades page.
- The Timbers Resorts Corporate Giving Program continues to support charities, always with children in mind.
- The opening of Castello di Casole, in 2012, re-emphasized Timbers Resorts' commitment to not only luxury, but also to historically sound restoration and respect for the cultural past at our locations.
- Timbers Resorts expanded not only into Europe, but also Polynesia, in 2014, as we announced our representation of The Residences at Kapalua Bay, on the northwest shores of Maui.
- Fifteen years in, we mark our ever-growing commitment to responsible, sustainable cuisine in our on-site restaurants. Chefs such as Scott Pikey, at Mayacama, continue to bring exquisite locally sourced ingredients to every meal.
- The incorporation of wine culture into our understanding of luxury has been key. Partnering with local wineries and vintners, Timbers Resorts has embraced the experience of learning about and loving fine wines.
- Our focus on the arts in our properties' communities remains unabated. The 5Point Film festival, in Carbondale, for example, has been a Timbers Resorts partner for seven years running.
- There is nothing quite like the waters around St. Thomas, and Timbers Resorts began last year by making sure Owners' experiences of it remained front and center — expanding our water sports program for The Preserve at Botany Bay.
- We have emerged as a luxury residence club that enjoys a diverse and fascinating family of Owners and guests. If there's a bottom line to the success of the past 15 years, it's been getting to know each and every one of you! Thank you for everything you bring to your homes, and to ours.
A decade and half along, Timbers Resorts is still growing. And so, here's to the future, and to the vision that started it all.
To learn more about Timbers Resorts, please contact us at 800.941.4579 (toll free) or 970.963.4626 (direct) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.